Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes

I love getting bang for your buck with meals, especially for my son. He loves pancakes but I needed a way to make them "healthier". Although these aren't perfect, they are better than nothing!

Directions:

Spray pan with coconut oil
Combine the following ingredients to make pancakes:
1 ½ cups Gluten free pancake mix (or use 1 cup mix, ½ cup almond meal or coconut flour)
1 large free-range egg
¾ cup almond milk (or cow’s milk)
*Mix before added below dry ingredients

½ scoop of chocolate protein powder ( I like Shakeology)
1 handful of Enjoy Life Vegan Chocolate chips -
1 tsp vanilla

*Mix and create the right consistency by adding either more milk or water.  I had to add about ½ cup-1 cup more of water

I make smaller mounds and flatten them out in the pan as they cook b/c, otherwise, they are crusty on the outside and gummy on the inside.  They have a consistency of a cornmeal pancake if you are using coconut flour.  You could just use almond flour but then would need to add some baking powder/soda.





No comments:

Post a Comment