Monday, February 25, 2013

Week 35



Week 35 – February 18th – 24th
Baby is the size of – A honeydew melon and over 18 inches long.  He weighs around 5 ¼ pounds.  His kidneys are fully developed and his liver can process some waste products.  Most of his basic physical development is now complete.  He’ll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

How I’m feeling – One more week down.  Sleeping was difficult this week as the pain in my pelvis is sort of at a nagging point.  ***Sidenote – it randomly went completely away on Saturday and feels fine today (2/25)  It doesn’t even compare to the pain I was feeling from before but it’s just sort of always there now.  I notice I do things off to the side, like washing dishes, reaching down low for something and sitting.  I do favor my left side which is the weak side.  I’m honestly so tired of trying to figure out what’s wrong with me that I just need to have this baby and then let my body readjust and see what happens.  I’m driving myself nuts, trying to figure it all out when I need to focus on the little man and his safe and healthy arrival.  I cannot wait to see him and know that he is mine.  He is mine and Nathan’s 100% forever and always.  That gets me excited and less focused on myself.  We had 2 days off due to snow this week and I found myself wishing he was here so I had a buddy to spend the day with. 

I’ve had fewer leg cramps, but have been up more going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  I crave water all the time!  Nathan jokes because every time I am drinking from a glass, I choke on it.  I can’t get it fast enough! 

**Doctor’s Appointment 2/21/13 – This was my last 2 week appointment and now I am going every week.  They also did my Strep B test which swabs to check for a certain bacteria that can exist on anyone but that I could possibly pass to the baby when he is born so if the test is positive, it’s not a big deal; I would just need to be on antibiotics when he was delivered.  My weight was 164, blood pressure was 106/64. This was a short visit again because it was supposed to be in the afternoon but I went in around 9:15 to beat the snow/ice storm.  They actually got me in pretty quickly.  I have had no contractions yet, just a few sharper pains on one side of my abdomen which go away quickly.  I asked at what point is it not an emergency if I go into labor and since I’m 36 weeks as of Friday, I can go anytime and it’s not an emergency.  Crazy to think about!

Activity –
Monday – 16 min mile – walk 2 min, ran 2 min, Elliptical – 10 min, weights – 10-15 min
Tuesday – Rest
Wednesday – Elliptical – 20 min, 1.13 mile walk – 20 min, Weights – 15 min
Thursday – Swim 25-30 min
Friday – Rest
Saturday – Elliptical 25 min, 1 mile walk/jog – 15 min, weights – 10 min
Sunday - Rest

Weight – I weighed 164 at my doctor’s visit on 2/21.  I’m convinced their scales are not 100% accurate b/c two weeks ago, I was around 166.  And I should be gaining weight at this point.  Oh well, here are my stats (I stole a pic of my sheet with bp, weight since August)




Maternity/Baby stuff bought: Nothing that I can think of that’s worth noting!  I’m still washing clothes, organizing the nursery and putting his last minute things together.  This week’s goal is to get the car seat base in my car and his rocker/sleeper put together for when he comes home after being born.



No comments:

Post a Comment