Sunday, March 17, 2013

Week 38



Week 38 March11-17
Baby is the size of – A leek.  Baby boy has plumped out and weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long. His organs are fully developed and he can grasp things with his little hands.  (This is all according to Baby Center so baby boy is a bit bigger)

How I’m feeling – I’m done.  I will do anything and have tried most things to move this process along.  Mark my words because I know the real pain and hard part starts during the birthing process and after he comes, but I am done being pregnant.  I turned a corner this week and I’m ready.  It doesn’t help that the doctor got us mentally prepared a week and a half ago.  Just before 38 weeks, I was 2-3 cm and 80-90% effaced.  On Thursday of this week (3/14), I was a solid 4cm and 90% effaced.  All without contractions (that I know of).  It is hard to sit, sleep, tie my shoes, breathe, etc.  You name it.  I AM SO DONE BEING PREGNANT.  I think I’ve honestly had a few contractions but it was more or less a menstrual cramp for about a minute then relief.  And the cramp makes me feel nauseous.  It did not help that my two cousins due this month both had their little girls last week.  When will my time come?!  It’s like waiting for Christmas as a kid or a big trip…the more you think about it, the longer it seems to take.  I am literally on edge waiting for things to get started.  The only thing relatively exciting (and it’s really quite gross) is that my mucus plug started to come out Friday night and I saw a lot more of it on Saturday.  This could mean labor could start soon…or not.  Ugh, why are they signs if labor doesn’t start for weeks?!  I guess I’m still technically one week away from being due but the doctor got my hopes up!  And we’re waiting around and trying to figure schedules and our church Easter schedule for Nathan.  Basically, it would be really convenient for it to happen soon, but he seems to be quite comfortable in there. 

As I was sitting in church today, we were getting ready for the altar call/time for reflection.  A thought immediately hit me.  The week my dad died, he gave me a piece of advice: PATIENCE.  I never even put it together until today.  It finally hit me.  Although I’m physically ready to be done being pregnant, I know that he will come when he is ready and God is ready for us to have him.  So pray for me in the coming days as I try to focus on other things. 

**Doctor’s visit 3/14/2013 – I am 4 cm and 90% effaced as I have stated before.  Doctor did the stripping of the membranes; not so much fun.  I weighed 167lbs (a 3 pound loss from last week) and blood pressure was 110/64.   Doctor suspects he is around 7.5lbs right now and I’m hoping he doesn’t get much bigger!   

Activity –
Monday – Walk 30 min, weights – 10 min
Tuesday – Rest
Wednesday – Elliptical – 20 min, Walk – 10 min, Weights – 10 min
Thursday – Rest
Friday – Rest
Saturday – 30 min walk – 2 miles.  I swear I am trying to get gravity to do its thing!
Sunday – Rest 


No comments:

Post a Comment