Monday, January 28, 2013

Little Man Baby Shower

For my first baby shower, we did a Little Man baby shower with mustaches, bow ties, etc.  Seriously, without Etsy and Pinterest, where would we be?!  Everyone got really into it which I loved.  I'm so excited to share these photos and where we got all the ideas from.  Again, all credit goes to Nancy, Jessie, Abby, and Mom for going with my idea and making it an awesome day....not to mention the showering of gifts!


Here's the skinny:  
Theme: Little Man Baby Shower

Colors: Lime green and blue

Food: All of the food was related to boys or "little men".  Cigars, Beer, Lassos, Weiners (haha), Bow Ties....Cigars were chocolate dipped pretzels, Beer was Root Beer, Cowboy Lassos were cream cheese jalapeno pinwheels, Little Smokies for Weiners, and Bow Tie pasta salad.  

Centerpieces: 3 Mason jars purchased from Walmart with dowel rods with mustaches and bow ties on them.  I bought the mason jars for about $10/dozen but printed the mustaches and bought cardstock to cut out, which took forever, but was way cheap.  For the bow ties, I used argyle scrapbook paper and a template I found for free online. 

Table Setting: Mason jar centerpieces, lime green and blue plates and silverware wrapped and tied with a bow, "Wishes for Little Man" sheet (purchased here)  **I would highly recommend doing something written down from guests to the parents or baby.  I was literally laughing than crying reading the sentiment some of them had.  I will cherish them forever.

Decor: Banner (purchased here)  We printed ourselves to save $$$

Games: Name that 'Stache.  I found pictures of famous mustaches and cut off their heads and everyone guess.  

Prizes: Gift cards to Target, Starbucks, or Panera.  Personally, I love shower gifts...not games so much, but I love winning.  So I wanted to make it worth it for people to win something.  Thus, we got gift cards.

I also passed around an empty frame and took pictures of everyone at the shower holding up their mustaches or bow tie.  I saw it somewhere on Pinterest and honestly, I already love that I know exactly who was there at the shower.  Everyone was a great sport about it and I think secretly enjoyed it.

Favors: Onesie cookies with a mustache piped on them from Shelly's Sweet Treats - friend from Pawnee with a cookie shop.  I don't know if it will work but here is her Facebook page link Shelly's Sweet Treats.  They were awesome!

Alright, I think I got it all covered....enjoy the pics!
The Invite - purchased from Etsy




Head table


The Ervin women

What?! I can't enjoy a beer? =)

 
Old friends





The hostesses enjoying the end of a great day...one of my favorites of the day

Again, another favorite, Momma and me

My best friend is pregnant too!  So great to share this with her and we couldn't have done it without her!
The centerpieces

Smokin' a cigar
Gift Table
Megs and Kels back together!



Love him =)




 What a great day!  Thanks everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment