Sunday, January 27, 2013

Week 31



Week 31 – Jan 21 – 27th
Baby is the size of – 4 navel oranges or about 3.3 pounds and 16 inches long.  He is getting ready for a growth spurt.  He can turn his head from side to side and his body is beginning to plump out.  All of his moving is a sign that he is active and healthy.

How I’m feeling – I basically use momentum to get out of bed each night to pee (which is several times).  I’ve had some cramping up near my heart when I drive.  Doctor said it was my ribs rubbing up against my uterus but it usually goes away when he drops down a little bit.  I’ve had more bad leg cramps that Nathan has tried to massage out in the middle of the night.  I’m tired, oh so tired, and more so than the second trimester.  I’ve had several ladies at my gym think I was 2-3 months along and another woman told me I looked “amazing.”  I am very lucky with this pregnancy to still be able to workout at this stage. I’m not sure if this is pregnancy related but my hair has become very ratty after my shower.  It could be lack of conditioner or that my hair hasn’t been this long in a while, but sometimes I want to blame it on the baby. 

**Read below about my random nerve or pelvic girdle pain on Saturday.  Hard to walk at this point and believe me, I hate feeling broken but I know this can be a side effect of pregnancy.  Hopefully a good adjustment will fix me up or get me on my way!  

**Doctor visit 1/24/13 – This was another relatively short visit.  Not that it wasn’t still an hour and half with waiting and all, but actual doctor time was short.  My blood pressure was good (107/80) and my weight was holding steady at 166lbs.  Actually I think I lost a pound between my visits, but that was probably from water or my clothes.  We heard his heart beat again (130-134 which is “perfect”).  I’m measuring normal and everything is going well.  Two more two week visits then I’m going weekly.  I’m starting to put together our birth plan for when we go into labor and the doctor said just give it to the nurses when we arrive.  I can’t believe how close it is getting!

Activity –
Monday – Treadmill run 35 min; pushups and plank
Tuesday – Ran 12 min on treadmill, Elliptical – 30 min, weights – 15 min
Wednesday – 4.13 miles – 42 min (10:14 pace)
Thursday – 25 min Elliptical; 13 min jog on treadmill – 1.25 miles; Weights – arms – 5-8 min
Friday –Rest and travel day for my shower!

Saturday – 40 min; 4.23 miles.  I felt great running this morning with Ryan and Nancy until about the 35 min mark.  I got this sharp shooting pain on my left side down to my knee.  I walked a little but it didn’t go away so I ran to finish up.  This pain killed the entire day.  So much so that I could barely put my pants on that leg.  I can walk, but I’m limping.  From what I’m reading, it sounds like my sciatic nerve or pelvic pain girdle from my pelvis rotating.  Both can be due to my uterus expanding or him being in a different position.  I’m going in Monday to get adjusted and hopefully that helps lessen the pain.  In the meantime, I’m heating, icing, wobbling on a disc, doing stretches and going to try to walk and swim as my exercise.  I read that keeping moving should help.

Sunday – Elliptical – 20 min, walked – 10 min (.5 miles), Swam 10 laps – 15 min, weights- 10 min

Weight Gain – Weighed 166 at Doctor’s (about 163-164 at home).  163.6 pounds at home on Sunday morning.

Maternity/Baby stuff bought/got – More Baby Ganics wipes and diapers, diaper pail inserts, and some drawer dividers for the dresser.  I also purchased a belly back support thing on Saturday night after my nerve/girdle pain thing.  Not sure if it will help but I was desperate at the time. 

We had our shower Saturday and it went so well!  It was mostly family and my teacher friends there and it was great to see them all!  Baby Tobin literally got tons of cute clothes, toys, and essentials for bringing him into this world.  And the theme and décor was perfect.  Everyone really got into it.  Many thanks to Mom, Nancy, Jessie and Abby for all they did and do in general to make it special for me.  I’m getting pictures together now to post soon!  


No comments:

Post a Comment