Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week 37



Week 37 Mar 4 – Mar 10
Baby is the size of – Swiss chard (I swear I can’t make this stuff up).  He is around 6 and 1/3 pounds and a bit over 19 inches long. 

How I’m feeling – Very pregnant.  My belly is in full force and most of my t-shirts don’t fit, but that is to be expected.  I’ve got that linea negri running down after my belly button.  Hopefully that goes away after birth but mine isn’t that dark so it’s not big deal.  I’m trying to tie up loose ends at work and getting everything ready at home.  His room is pretty much ready.  I have diapers, clothes washed, and am getting ready to sterilize bottles.  For 3 nights in a row, I was wide awake at 3 am and came out to the couch to sleep.  Then, I had two nights of good sleep (9:30 pm – 6:15 am).  Still up every 2-3 hours going to the bathroom.  I feel this is good prep for when he gets here.  I’m getting random shooting pains in my butt and groin and have been told by other pregnant ladies that this is from the baby sitting on a nerve.  We spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday cleaning, putting together the car seat and jogging stroller (still not sure we did it right) and cleaning out some rooms for when he arrives.  I’m sure the neighbors thought about reporting us as we were throwing around the car seat while we installed the base.  Oh well!  We also got a freezer from our friends who are getting a bigger one, which will be very helpful for the 5 meals I already made and are eating up space in our current freezer and any meals anyone might bring us in the coming weeks. 

We went on possibly a final date night to Red Robin (one of our favorites) on Saturday night.  It was crazy busy and we had to keep asking for fries, drinks, etc.  It wasn't the  most romantic, but it was perfect.  Just us before the big day.  Plus we have left over fries! 

I had two appointments on Monday to register at the hospital and with my physical therapist.  Registering took forever!  Tons of questions but hopefully everything is good to go there.  We decided we want to donate our cord blood to a blood bank in St. Louis, but I just sent in the card and they need to have it before delivery.  Here’s hoping baby boy holds on a few more days!  I got to see more rooms and recovering rooms at the hospital.  Luckily, we only live 5 min away so Nathan or mom can go back and forth if necessary.  The physical therapy went ok.  She was pleased with the exercises I am doing for my weak hip/glute and my inserts in my running shoes, although need to be replaced, fixed my gait a bit.  She wants to see me 4-6 weeks after delivery once things have tightened up a bit to see if my symptoms are just pregnancy induced.       

Activity –
Monday – Walk – 2 miles – 30 min & light bootcamp – 20 min
Tuesday – Elliptical – 25 min, weights – 15 min
Wednesday – Rest
Thursday – 1.7 mile walk – 30 min
Friday – Rest
Saturday – Rest
Sunday – Elliptical 20 min, walk 10 min @1% incline, weights – 15 min

**Doctor visit 3/7/2013: I’m weighing at 170lbs.  Whoop!  Hopefully, I don’t get much bigger!  My blood pressure was 104/64.  He checked me again and I am now 3 cm and 80-90% effaced.  Pretty much, it could be any day now!  The doctor was very pleased with my progress and felt like everything would be pretty smooth during labor.  He said baby boy is around 7lbs and head down, fully engaged and ready to come out!  After he left, we had a moment together and just sort of realized, we only have a few days left…just us.  Crazy feeling and needless to say, I freaked out a bit.  I drove to Target and bought a bunch of bottles and his grooming kit which I didn’t get at a shower.  Then my friend Robin came over and helped me figure out the breast pump.  I need to sterilize my bottles, wash another round of clothes and blankets, and put the car seat together and we should be good!  And if not, we’ll figure it out!

Baby stuff -   Got more diapers, wipes, Playtex VentAire bottles, Playtex Nurser bottles, and his Safety Grooming kit.  I also ordered a car seat canopy cover which was free except for $12 shipping.  It is super cute, with a black and white pattern and a grey minky on the back.

I don't think I've "dropped".  What do you all think???


 

No comments:

Post a Comment