Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 36



Week 36- Feb 25th – Mar 3
Baby is the size of – A bowling ball!  He weighs about 6 pounds and is 18 inches long.  Kicks will start to feel like a sliding motion as he runs out of room.  His bones have strong calcium, but are still somewhat pliable.  He is still flexible and his skull bones will stay that way to pass through the birth canal. 

How I’m feeling – Like my lungs are being squished!  It’s very random too.  In the morning, it’s fine.  When I’m trying to fall asleep, I find I am taking huge shallow breaths.  When I exercise, doing a simple bicep curl causes my heart to race.  I’m taking things slow and stopping if I feel faint.  Sitting and driving definitely cramps my style.  But I don’t feel like I’m waddling as much though I am noticeably bigger.  My belly button, though pushed to its’ max is still an ‘inny’.  And baby boy is still kicking me in the ribs every chance he gets.  I can’t wait until he drops.  I’ve had no signs of anything relating to labor yet…no contractions, no mucus plug, no dropping of him yet.  People have even asked if I’m sure it’s not a girl since I’m still so high.  Um, I saw the ultrasound.  Sort of a no brainer on that one. 
I’m running around trying to make the nursery presentable and get our bags all packed.  And by that, I mean, me and baby.  Nathan can pack his own =)  It helps that we’re only 5 minutes from the hospital.  Things are hung in the nursery and clothes are mostly put away.  And honestly, anyone who has had a child knows that those things don’t mean you’re “ready” to have a baby.  I want to read about my breathing during labor one more time just to refresh and get the car seat base installed. 

Activity –
Monday –25 min elliptical, walk 10 min @ 1% incline, weights – 10 min
Tuesday – Rest
Wednesday – 25 min elliptical, 10 min walk @ 1% incline, weights – 15 min
**Here’s what I typically do as far as “Weights” – I do each exercise about 12-15 times, 2 sets.  Squats with weights, bicep curls, Wide leg squats with tricep extension, Bent over rows with 10 pounds, Tricep dips, push ups, lateral arm raises
Glute strengthening – clam shell, leg raises, bridge pose, and bird dog
Thursday – Rest
Friday – Rest
Saturday – 25 min elliptical, 20 min weights
Sunday - Rest

**Doctor’s Appointment 2/28/13 – I’m at my weekly visits!  My weight was 168 which I found to be a bit off (4 lbs in 1 week!) but it was later in the day and I had on thicker clothes.  Blood pressure was 98/58.  I’ve had difficulty breathing recently and find I have to catch my breath doing daily activities like sitting and teaching.  He checked to make sure everything was clear and my lungs are good.  He checked my pulse too and I am getting 100% oxygen so his best guess is that it is just from physiological changes…ie, the baby is getting bigger!   We also asked about sleeping on my back and he said it is no big deal if Nathan wakes up and finds me in the only position I’m comfortable in.  

My strep B test from last week came back negative, which is good!  Doctor did my first check and I am 1-2 cm and 50% thinned already.  Based on this, he would say I have a 60-70% chance of delivering 3-4 days before my due date.  He also added that I could very well get stuck at 3 or 4 cm and go past, so next week’s visit should be a good indicator of my progress.  I lastly asked if he could tell how big the baby was.  He pushed and prodded around and thought right below 7 pounds =)  And we should expect him to put on 1/3 pound per week right now. 

Oh yeah, so I weighed myself again just to check after my pelvic exam and I was right…165.  I hate winter clothes!   

Baby stuff – We had our 2nd baby shower this past weekend, and it was amazing!  Allison, Mary and Tammy out did themselves.  It was owl themed and so cute!  I definitely felt loved.  The food was amazing and I had a great time with family and friends.  I got lots of great advice from young moms in our church and that was so helpful to me! 
I’ll be posting soon on my hospital bag, his bag and coming home outfit (for the long 5 min car ride) and nursery pics!

Centerpieces

Love the Owl cheeseball!





From my friend Jill.  Will be used in a newborn photo.

Again, Jill has awesome taste! 


Yowsers...look at that belly!  Large and in charge!

No comments:

Post a Comment