Sunday, March 10, 2013

Nursery Reveal!

So here it is...little man Tobin's nursery.

His book shelf is completely full!  I had that already in the spare room.  Just had to clean it off.   Curtains - orange from Target; Wall color - It's Sherwin Williams - some sort of grey.  I forget honestly.  


Rocking chair - Church rummage sale - $10!  Seat cushion - Pier One $19.  Bears Hat - friends of ours made those to wear at my wedding reception - they have my dad's initials on them.  Quilt - made by the fabulous Ann Lindquist.  Owl on cushion - Kohl's $5.  Owl hat - my friend Jill got for him at my shower.  It's perfect!

White shelf - $1 at rummage sale!  Yellow wreath - $.25 at thrift store - I spray painted it yellow.  The owl was part of the decor at my 2nd shower.

Top of bookshelf - Lamp - already owned.  Baskets from Target - $9 each on clearance.  They are originally for a bathroom.  Bears piggy bank - again my friend Jill has great taste! 

Love the Llama Llama books complete with stuffed animal.  Construction loader night light which Nathan loves.
Dividers I made for the closet.  They are door hangers from Hobby Lobby for $.99 a piece with scrapbook paper cut to fit, Modge Podged on top and used the stencil for the months.

A little hard to see but this is a prayer my dad wrote for an FCA banquet years ago.  I love putting his handwriting in the room.  It brings me a lot of comfort to have his "stamp" in the room.  Mom got me the Chevron frame for $10 at JC Penney.  The owl was a Christmas decoration at Target that I got on clearance - $4.

Little man's crib - Target (see below for savings story)  Boppy - gift from my friend Katie.  Blanket - my cousin Becky made.  If I would have bought it off the site, it would have been $50+ but we ordered the fabric and she sewed it...about $14. 

Close-up of blanket and his sleeper thing ($5 at garage sale)

Mom made me this pillow from clearance fabric I found.  My friend Laura got us this lovey giraffe at our shower.

Dresser (again see below for savings story at Target)

I ordered both of these prints from Etsy.  We each picked a verse that meant something to us.  I chose Matthew 28:20 - "I am with you always to the very end of the age."  Nathan's pick was Joshua 1:9 - "
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”  The brown frame in the  middle was at a garage sale and his initial goes in the center...but we're not revealing that gem yet =)

I don't know why the diaper bag made this post but it did.  Rug is from Target on clearance for $12.

Oh the closet.  I swear there is order to it somehow.   I have a plastic shelving unit on the bottom full of toys for when he's older.  The tan box on the middle shelf is full of shoes.  The pack and play is still in there in the box because he will sleep in the Rocker Sleeper thing we registered for which is currently chillin' in the living room.

Diapers line the top shelf!

The night light all lit up!   



*Savings Story* - Okay so we purchased our dresser and crib from Target for $300 a piece in January.  Then 2 weeks after we already put them together, they went on sale.  The dresser to $250 and the crib to $225.  I asked if we could get the price adjusted.  They said no because we ordered it online.  That's dumb.  So what did we do?  We went to Belleville's Target and purchased both the crib and dresser for $225 and $250, loaded them in a friend's truck and drove to the Fairview Heights Target and returned them using my online receipt.  A total savings of over $100 back on a gift card for us.  I mean, if Target wants to make it difficult for us, then fine, we'll spend an hour to save $115.  (Side note - my breast pump also went on sale at Target from $280 to $225 so I bought it and had my mom return the one she got for me for my baby shower and let her keep the difference)   

No comments:

Post a Comment