Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Don't be intimidated

I decided I'd really love to review DVDs I use, books, tools, and equipment that may help you on your fitness journey.  That, or just introduce you to something new to try!  I hope now that my coaching season is winding down, I have more time to post on here, but for now, I will write about a fairly new tool I've been using at the Bootcamp classes I teach:

TRX Training Straps.

These total body toning straps were created by a Navy SEAL for help anyone at all fitness levels.  The trainer consists of a set of nylon straps that create resistance using your own body weight and gravity.  There is a clip to the wall where the straps are locked into place.  They have two handles at the end or holsters for your feet.

They are lightweight, portable, and can help a person at any fitness level.  The cost is kind of pricey but can range from $189-$200 for the basic TRX Suspension Trainer (prices found on Amazon.com) 

I have come to love these, although at first I was a bit intimidated by them.  But if you think about it, I can't lift or push or hold up my own body weight when it comes to dumbbells or a bar, but I can when I use the TRX system!   They are good for upper body, lower body, stability holds, abs, anything you name it! 

Here are some great images of the straps at work



Great investment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment