Sunday, December 16, 2012

Week 25



Week 25 – Dec 10th – 16th
Baby is the size of – A squash and weighs about 1 ½ pounds.  His fingers and toes are starting to form and he can grasp and wiggle them. 

How I’m feeling  -    My belly is now getting in the way of everyday life.  Seriously.  I went to plug in my computer and said belly got in the way, so I scraped a huge chunk out of my head.  It was not pretty.  I’m swinging out of bed and find that I’m waddling to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  Leg cramps have sort of gone away.  I really only get them if I’m trying to stretch at night.  Running has felt better so that’s good and I’m still not pushing it but able to work out most days of the week.  I will say that he has gone crazy the last week or so.  It’s like every night around 9, there’s a party with many punches, kicks, movements.  Nathan is finally able to feel it and physically see my belly bounce and flutter.  He’s like, “How do you sleep?!”  It’s not hard falling asleep, just annoying at times.  I say that, but it’s awesome.  I just hope I don’t have too much of a squirmer. 

I don’t feel him when I run, other than pressure like he’s pushing against all walls.  My guess and other moms have confirmed that he is probably sleeping then and likes the rocking motion.  What have I gotten Nathan and I into?  Many nights I’m sure of rocking or bouncing the little man. 

Activity –
Monday – 35 min run
Tuesday – Elliptical – 30 min, Run 15 min, weights – 10 min
Wednesday-  42 min – 4.5 miles
Thursday – Treadmill run – 25 min, 2.25 miles; weights 10 min
Friday –  38 min run – 4 miles
Saturday –  Elliptical – 22 min; Run – 15 min; weights – 10 min; Swim – 10 laps – 20 min
Sunday –REST!

Weight gained: I fluctuated during the week, but Monday and Saturday I had the same weight so we’ll do with that: 161.8 pounds.  Total weight gain – approx 16 pounds

Maternity/Baby items bought: A construction vehicle LED nightlight!  It’s super cute from Target.  I’ve been very blessed to have friends who have loaned me or given me great stuff.  I got some more bottles, a diaper sling bag, bibs, and onesies from several friends this week.  I’m trying my best not to buy anything right now and save it for the showers.

**My goals for the coming month: 1)Pick out crib and dresser and buy!, 2) Get all my sub plans ready for March, 3) Get rid of the mattress in our spare room and clean out stuff and most importantly, 4)READ my pregnancy books!  I’m so overwhelmed by what I don’t know.  Thankfully again, I have many great friends that have given me opinions and help with my questions.  I should just expect to be overwhelmed at this point! 


Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment