Sunday, December 23, 2012

Week 26



Week 26 – Dec 17th – 23rd
Baby is the size of – Just under 2 pounds and about the size of a zucchini.  End of the 2nd semester!
How I’m feeling - This week has been project week around the house.  I cleared out and organized our mud room, which looks amazing, and made some Christmas gifts for family, wrapped all our gifts, and condensed my craft things that can go out to the garage.  I’m also reading about 3 different books before he comes along.  They have all been recommended to me and am enjoying learning about breastfeeding, sleeping through the night, and whether or not to get an epidural.  Verdict still out on that one. 

Little man has been punching me again as always.  It seems to be his normal ritual as I’m going to bed and lying around.  I rarely feel him when I run so he must like the rhythm.  I have had some sharp pains on the side of my abs/stomach when I’m exercising.  It is usually during a run or on the elliptical.  It almost feels like when you’re in grade school and run the mile and your side hurts.  It doesn’t feel severe or threatening to him, but I am going to ask the doctor about it next week.  I only had one meltdown this week.  I tried to call Nathan and couldn’t get a hold of him, which is not odd, but it freaked me out, as if something had happened to him.  I had visions of being a single parent and when he called back, he had been in a meeting with his boss and had to leave because I had called him about 7 times in 5 min.  Yikes, but Nathan understood and I’ve been good ever since.    

I’ve had a few more leg cramps this week, but mostly because I’ve been up around 3 am for two straight nights.  I am up to go pee, than am wide awake, so head to the couch to watch TV and hopefully, knock me out and I’ve had the worst of the leg cramps when I’m on the couch.  It feels like a huge Charlie horse, but when I move around a bit, it goes away.  I tried to plug in my computer last week and my belly got in the way (go figure) and I scraped my head on the bottom drawer, causing my head to bleed.  I’m not really realizing that I do look noticeable different to people and I can’t move around as easily.  I painted my nails on Thursday and thankfully I’m a bit flexible because I had to contort in such a way to go around my belly.  Still no stretch marks which I’m forever grateful for but they may come near the end or so I read.

Big news for me is that I found out my insurance will cover 85% of a breast pump for me with just a prescription from my doctor.  I need to make sure I can actually buy one and not have to rent one, but still glad I found out this piece of news. 

Activity –
Monday – 42 min jog outside – morning run
Tuesday – Elliptical – 20 min, 15 min run – treadmill, swim – 15 min; weights – 10 min
Wednesday- 48 min – 5 miles.  Walked a little at the end due to those sharp pains.
Thursday – 30 min run on treadmill – 3 miles; weights – 10 min; Swim – 15 min
Friday –  45 min elliptical, pushups, lunges, squats, planks – 10 min
Saturday – 38 min run (4 miles?)
Sunday – 3 mile run – 28.35 – trail run

Weight gained: I have been tracking it to stay on my 4 pounds for the month, and on Friday morning (which is technically the beginning of my 27th week), I was 161.4 lbs after breakfast and my workout.

Maternity/Baby items bought: I found more cute tops at Goodwill but are Liz Lange from Target.  $4.99 for a maternity top, yes please!  If any of you want cheaper maternity clothes, I recommend a Goodwill for Target clothes with tags still on them.  


**Just FYI, my weeks start over on Friday, so today, Sunday, I am in my 27th week.  I try to make it easier because we take my picture on the Sunday after the week is over.  May not make sense but it works for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment