Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Dear Liam, on your 2nd birthday

Dear Liam,
Two years has gone by fast.  It seems like forever ago, but it really wasn't.  I have a hard time imagining my life before you.  Sure it had purpose, but much different.  You are such a joy in our lives.  You keep us on our toes with your random tantrums, then immediate giggles. Please don't ever stop reading books and learning about the world.  You have an exploratory nature about you.  You love seeing how toys work and cars move.  I swear you could fix things around the house better than I could.  You daily try my patience but patience produces perseverance and we'll both get there some day.

I love how big of a helper you are. You put your toys away when asked, and throw trash away you find.  Or you eat it.  You are a creature of habit....nighttime is teeth brushing, reading 3 books, prayers and kisses.  I love your "big hugs".  You love your trains, fire trucks, and police cars, although every emergency vehicle makes the same sound to you.  Your speech and language are ever expanding and we love when you say new things, sometimes daily.  I love when you scream, "Mom!" or chase after me.  We are two peas in a pod and I love our time together.  You teach me about unconditional love and how to live selflessly.

Son, on your second birthday, you are talking and moving more than last year.  It's such a fun time with you.  We continue to pray that God would teach us how to best parent you, how to love you, how to teach you about Jesus and how life with him is full.  We are trying hard and we will make mistakes, but we love God and we love you.  And we will never stop trying.  This next year, I hope we laugh more, play more, and learn more about you.  May the Lord bless you and keep you; may he make his face shine on you and be gracious onto you.  May he turn his face towards you and give you peace.  (Numbers 6)

We love you son. Happy birthday!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment