Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Training....to a screeching halt, but with some revelations.

5 weeks to go.  35 days or so and I am injured.  BIG TIME.  Tried to pick up a laundry basket on Saturday morning and couldn't stand back up.  Diagnosis: disk strain.  2 weeks, absolutely no running.  Wha?!  How in the world am I going to do this.  I forget what sweat feels like.  I hate it.  I hate everything about it.  Less food, little exercise, zero sense of accomplishment.  But I am hard on my body.  Way too hard.  I don't take breaks...well, I am now!

I haven't been in the Bible recently.  My mind is sidetracked.  I "find" other stuff to do like things before God.  In a way, I am self centered.  It's always about my workout for the day or getting stuff done for school.  Truth is, I have the time.  I don't make the time.  Anybody feel me?  God takes a back seat.  And now, when I need healing and want him to hear my prayers the most, I keep thinking, "Why should he bother?".  You didn't care about getting to know him when things were going "your" way.  I believe God can teach me something through this, if I let him.  If I take this time to slow down and truly get the center of my life back in the center.

The Lord speaks to me in various ways and often times, it is through songs.  There is a song on Christian radio and XM right now called, "Fall Apart" by Josh Wilson.  I don't particularly care for the song but it has been on non-stop since my injury.  I even started the car and my Christian station was on and I turned it to XM, saying out loud, "I bet Fall Apart is on right now."  Yep, of course.  Thanks God for the wake up call!!!

Here are some of the lyrics:

Why in the world did I think I could
Only get to know you when my life was good
When everything just falls in place
The easiest thing is to give You praise

Now it all seems upside down

‘Cause my whole world is caving in
But I feel You now more than I did then
How can I come to the end of me
And somehow still have all I need
God, I want to know You more
Maybe this is how it starts
I find You when I fall apart

I don’t know how long this will last
I’m praying for the pain to pass
But maybe this is the best thing that
Has ever happened to me



I don't think this is the best thing that has happened to me.  But I do believe that God has gotten my attention and said, "Hang on sister.  You need me.  You can't do this all alone.  It's okay to take a break.  Give yourself some credit. But I want you.  I want the best of you.  Not the last minute prayers, only call on me when you need me best of you.  I want all of you because I made you and you are mine."  

I give thanks to all who have remembered me in prayers recently.  I pray that this injury passes me quickly.  I also pray that you will take the time this week to get to know your heavenly Father just because He loves you and cares for you so much.  Okay, sorry for the sap.  But I'm being reflective.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment