Monday, April 9, 2012

21 min

I ran my 8th half marathon on Saturday and PR'd (personal record).  My watch said 1:50:33 but official time was 1:50:50.  Whatever.  This was a very hilly course and after my first mile was 8:34, I knew I was in for trouble and that I wouldn't slow down. I did something new this race and prayed each mile for family, friends, etc and honestly, it helped them pass.

As I approached the last half mile, I felt my calves literally burning and my quads tightening.  Side note, they are still tight.  It looked like I just got off of a horse yesterday.  Needless to say, it was a great experience and I am truly impressed at how this girl who held down the10:30 min mile in high school has come so far.  Believe me, when you tell your mind to do something, your body has to listen.

In 2007, I ran my first half marathon in 2:11 and didn't walk once.  Five years later, I have shaved 21 minutes off of my time and did not walk.  Again, I am not a runner.  I don't have the body shape or physique.  But I do have the training.

#9 is next week....yikes.






No comments:

Post a Comment