Monday, June 1, 2015

My honest review of drinking Shakeology

Let me start out by saying that I am super cheap.  I'm a garage sale junkie and thrift store find fanatic.  When we budget our money, we prioritize a few things.  We save money to be able to go to our chiropractor who is our primary care doctor and friend and for our groceries.  Again, being the thrifty person I am, I need to get the biggest bang for my buck.  We shop at Aldi for all of their organic and gluten free things but get a few things at Walmart and Fresh Thyme. 

When I first got into the Beachbody community as a coach in September of 2014, I honestly knew nothing about Shakeology.  I had never even heard of it. I loved that I got it at a discount, but I didn't know how long I would stick with it.  We already purchase an expensive protein powder from our chiropractor's office so I didn't know how we could afford both.

When I got my first bag of chocolate, I loved it immediately.  It came with endless recipes to try and one thing I love about it is that it already contains tons of greens, and nutrients.  My protein from my chiro is just protein and we have to add spinach to it, which is fine, but it's nice to have it all in one.  Since I've been a coach, I've tried the vanilla and strawberry flavors and they are all great.  I love adding coffee to mine and oats.  I have tried other protein powders from GNC and grocery stores that are way cheaper, and even though they are decent, there is still a chalky flavor to them I can't stomach.  And I wish I liked them because, again, I'm looking for the deal.

 I drink my Shakeo in the morning and usually split it with my son. He loves it and I love knowing he is getting greens and super foods at the beginning of each day. Sometimes we're on the run and have a chips and cheese stick lunch, so this makes me feel great that breakfast was a win.  And he doesn't even know how good it is for him!  My husband was hesitant about the price as well and still is but every time I make a shake and he tries it, he is instantly won over again. 

On a personal note, the shakes help curb my hunger until lunch and completely fill me up in the morning.  They have helped me lose and maintain my weight.  Most people who try it from me love it, but hesitate on the price tag ($130 for a month's worth).  But when you break it down, it's only $4 a day.  Here's how I stretch that...I purchase a bag every other month and usually do not fill the scoop up to the top.  I also drink it every other day, with the hope that as my business grows, I can afford to have it monthly.  I want to be responsible with my money and invest it wisely in nutritious things that will benefit myself and my family in the long run.

If you are interested in Shakeology and would like more information, fill out the form below and I will get you set up with a sample, a sample pack or month's supply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment