Thursday, January 1, 2015

Fitness & Nutrition - Something you love, don’t do, or try to do? - ***Free workout included***

January is all about (that bass?...ya right) fitness and all things to lose the holiday weight.  I, myself, am no exception to this.  I need motivation at times. As much as fitness is my life, my passion, my motivation, even I get into slumps and need to jazz it up a bit.  Here's what I have come to love, don't do and want to try for the coming year...

Love - I'm loving creating my own workouts at home or in the gym.  The possibilities are endless and it's so fun for me to mix it up, while still making gain in my strength and cardio.  Here's a quick workout to try at home:

Tabata Workout 20/10 -
20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, repeat each move 4x for a total of 2 min

Burpees
Bicep curl
Jumping jacks
Push-ups

Rest 1 min

Alternating Reverse Lunges
Lateral shoulder raise
Crunches
Mt. Climbers

Don't do: Count calories.  I just don't.  I know a lot of people who have success with apps like My Fitness Pal and I think those are phenomenal for motivation, accountability and staying on track.  Personally, I spent years writing down and slaving over how to lose weight and obsessing over it.  I used to be confined to a number on the scale.  Now while I don't like it when that numbers escalates 5-10lbs, I will not let it define me anymore. So, for me, I concentrate on vegetables, lean meats and small splurges like bite-sized candy and know that when tight jeans get too tight, I need to eat a little better. 

Something to try:  Barre Class.  I love all things fitness and would love an "outside the box" workout.  I am definitely a runner and bootcamp girl at heart but this sounds fun and challenging.  Might even help me become a better runner!  My aunt does the class and really likes it. I'm hoping to try this soon! Here's a link to what it entails: Pure Barre class

What do you want to try this year and what are you loving in regards to fitness?

No comments:

Post a Comment