Friday, January 2, 2015

My books to read in 2015

My books to read in 2015  - first of all, I love how this rhymes...I'm such a nerd!  I love to read.  I'm reading 5-6 books right now.  Don't be impressed.  I finish one about every month and then take on another so I'm always 30 pages into 5 or 6 books.  I love a reading a variety of topics: professional development, raising children, fiction, non-fiction, exercise/fitness, etc.

Here's my to-read list for 2015 (btw, I keep track of them with an app called Good Reads.  It's great as I always forget what I want to read next)

1. The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy - professional development book on getting success in life and in your business

2.  Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed- heard this non-fiction book was great.

3.  Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health by Gene Stone- interested in all things health!

4.  Derrick Storm novels by Richard Castle - We love the show Castle.  It's sort of an obsession.  These books are based on the show's main character being a novelist and the books he writes.

5.  Any James Patterson - he is one of my favorite fiction suspense writers.  His books are quick, easy reads

6.  Death by Food Pyramid by Denise Minger - All about sketchy politics and what the government tells us to eat!

7.  Balancing It All by Candace Cameron Bure - I loved her other book on exercise and health and have been on a wait list with our library for awhile for this one.

8.  Manna for Moms: God's Provision for Your Hair-Raising, Miracle-Filled Mothering Adventure by Megan Breedlove - a book for moms who struggle to find time to spend with God amidst all their other duties

9.  Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal by Eric Schlosser - this title pretty much says it all

10.  The Bible - this should really be #1.  I don't want to read the Bible app.  I don't want a devotional.  I want to open the pages of my huge, clunky decade old Bible with high-lighted margins and torn pages.  I want to go back to my 1st love and remember that all things come from God.  There is so much wisdom to gain and a relationship to tend to.  

Those are my books for 2015.  Got any you can recommend?


**two other write-ins that I found I still need to read: Start by Jon Acuff and Smart Money Smart Kids: Raising the Next Generation to Win with Money by Dave Ramsey

No comments:

Post a Comment