Friday, May 6, 2011

Going to Indy

Today, Nathan and I are heading to Indy for my 6th half marathon!  I am pumped, but all of a sudden, nervous.  WhY?!  I've ran this course 2 times and it's flat, and weather is in our favor.  No clue.  Just jittery nerves.  Maybe because I haven't been in bed before 10:30 this entire week and I want to break 2 hours!  It should be great seeing my aunt and uncle, cousins, and my bro and sis-in-law who will be running as well.  His first race, her second.  Plus, we're picking up my bro as a stowaway on the way.  Love road trips!  Even if it puts miles on my car =(

When I run, I cling to several Bible verses. The one that hits me today is from Hebrews.

Hebrews 12:1-3 -
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

Consider him who did it all and did it all for YOU, so that you can keep going and finish the race set before you.  Throw off the troubles of this world, and Satan's remarks, and run (literally) with perseverance the race laid out beforehand.  It is ordained and set by God, so run it for him.  Don't lose hope.  Don't give up.  I hope these words catch you today and help you with whatever is being thrown at you today.

Hug your kids and your moms this weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment