Monday, May 9, 2011

Another PR!

On April 2nd, I ran the Springfield, IL Half Marathon in 1 hour 55 minutes, a personal best for me.  It was a cool 40 degrees at start, with a few big hills, and I was bookin it.  Never knew I could go that fast when I didn't really train for that.

This last weekend, I ran Indy Mini for the 3rd time and yet again, hit a personal record of 1 hour 53 minutes and 13 seconds.  Avg pace of 8:38.  My first mile was 9:57.  Yikes, somebody needed to pick it up.  So I did and figured I would run as fast as I could for as long as I could. Running on the speedway is truly an adventure and I felt like I was sprinting it.  I think I played Jeremy Camp's, "The Way" 5-10 times on that track.  There's a line that says, "You poured out all your blood and set the captives free."  Wow.   Just picturing that gave me an extra step.  It was truly incredible and I definitely had Dad and Jesus with me that morning.  I'm paying for it today with massive amounts of back pain, but God gave me a gift to run and I run for him....hence, the blog title.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment