Friday, June 24, 2011

27 Dresses anyone? Close, 27 thoughts on my birthday.

Today is my birthday.  I turn 27 today and as my dad would say, "27 years ago today, at 10:01 am, on a sunny Sunday morning, we got our little girl."  Sweet? Yes, but now that I'm 3 years away from 30...older is not always better.  I'm not dreading the 30's, but feel as if I don't have much to show for it.  I'm married, but no kids (and no, they aren't coming anytime soon). I've done a lot, but not everything I want to do in life.  So here is a list of 27 thoughts, quandries, things I wish I knew, or things on my bucket list in no particular order as we all celebrate the day of my birth.

1.  If you would have told me in high school that I would one day run 6 half marathons and 1 full marathon, I would have laughed in your face.
2.  My mom is a closer friend to me today than anyone else.
3.  Had I known my lame brothers would marry such awesome ladies, I may have been nicer to them growing up.=)  Nancy and Jessie are seriously two of my bestest friends.
4.  I want a black eye sometime in my life.  No reason.
5.  Blue is my favorite color
6.  Life goal - raise $10,000 for Cancer Research
7.  I used to want a boy first, then a girl.  Now, being around Baby Leah, I could go either way.
8.  Scooby Doo was/is my favorite cartoon character.
9.  If someone honks at me running, I purposely don't look at them, but secretly feel special ;)
10. In my second life, I would love to be a professional organizer.
11. I love watching tennis, but am terrible at playing it.
12. Flying scares me, but I love traveling!
13. I love listening to Christian music when I run - truly pumps me up.
14.  I'm digging one shoulder shirts and dresses.
15.  I'm going to try out boxing this summer.
16.  Hebrews and Romans are two of my favorite books in the Bible.  You should read them.
17.  My time at EIU were some of the greatest times I've ever had.
18.  9 more to go...wow, this is hard.
19.  I'm really into garage sale shopping recently, but am guilty of buying "good deals" when I don't really need it.
20.  I talk to God, Dad, and pray for others when I run.
21.  Dexter is a guilty pleasure show of mine.  It's so wrong, but so right on so many levels.
22.  If I could run for a living, I would totally do it.
23.  Wish I was back to being 23 =(
24.  The number 24 is my vb #, our anniversary date, and my bday.  Can anything get more perfect?!
25.  If I didn't have Nathan, I would still sleep with a stuffed animal.
26.  I will sit all day to watch an America's Next Top Model Marathon.
27.  Share your faith when possible.  You'll know when and where.

And there you have it.  My random, nothingness list of thoughts on my bday.  And okay, I stole my last one from my dad in a letter of advice to me before I went to college, but it's just plain good stuff, so I'm taking rights to it.  And it has rang true in my life on multiple occasions.

Hug your kids tonight!  Read them a book!  (more thoughts from Dad=)

No comments:

Post a Comment