Monday, September 17, 2012

8 Weeks


Week 8 
How I’m feeling – Pretty much the same.  School started back up so hopefully it’s not too obvious to everyone there.  I don’t feel like I’m really showing, however it’s getting harder to suck in =)  The kids are trying my patience but that is fairly normal.  Trying my best to stay hydrated and eating every couple hours.  I am going to bed around 9 (when I can) which is early for me but I’m out almost right away.  I’m prioritizing things that need my attention that day and other things that can wait.  I’m up several times a night tossing and turning and angry that I can’t flip onto my stomach for a time.  I’m also up peeing.  Which is another thing….we lost our bathroom Thursday night due to a clog.  No bathroom, no shower, for a newly pregnant lady who has to pee every 3-4 hours!  We drove to the church at midnight to go then I ran out the door at 5:15 am to the Quik Stop to go.  Classy.  Oh the things you will do.  The bathroom is fully functioning now, so my bladder can relax but I hope that never happens again.  We told our siblings and close, close friends this week and it was awesome seeing them excited and some of them who claimed they knew!

 What I’m eating/not eating – We had appetizers at a friend’s house on Friday night and I ate a ton!  I was really nervous about gaining a bunch of unnecessary weight, but the scale didn’t show that much the next day.  Call it being vain or whatever, but I’m sort of fighting my body changing.  It depresses me sometimes.  Mostly because I’ve worked so hard to be in tip top shape.  I just need to remember by body and baby need fuel and good fuel and exercise too.  Trying to get the right balance.


Activity – I ran several times this week, did the elliptical and did the St. Louis Color Run!  All pretty light – 3-4 mile runs but I just started training for the St. Louis Rock and Roll half marathon in late October.  I’m excited about running for 2!


Summary – Weight gained: 2-3 lbs.  I typically weigh 145lb and on Saturday morning, it read 149.  Again, depends on water, food, bathroom, etc.  I need to keep better track.

Maternity items bought: 0

People who know: Parents, siblings, close friends, (trying to call all relatives, but there are so many!)


No comments:

Post a Comment